We are excited to welcome our clients back into our hospital. We appreciate your continued patience and support as we return to in-person service.
Atascadero Pet Hospital & Emergency Center sees a variety of cases each day, from routine wellness exams to drop-offs and emergencies. See below for more information on what you can expect during your next visit.
- Scheduled appointments are made in advance with your preferred doctor based on their availability. When you arrive for your pet’s appointment, our staff will be able to check you in and direct you to wait in our newly remodeled reception area.
- A technician will bring you and your pet into one of our exam rooms, and from there a doctor will be able to see your pet. They will be able to answer any questions you have and go over the best courses of action for evaluation, diagnostics, and treatment as applicable.
- If you are late for a scheduled appointment by 15 minutes or more, we may ask that you reschedule the appointment for another time.
- Our customer service staff will be able to charge you out at the end of the appointment; we accept debit/credit card, cash, check, CareCredit, and Scratchpay.
- Scheduled appointments are Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- A drop-off is any visit that is not an immediate, life-threatening emergency but urgent enough that it can’t wait for a scheduled appointment, either through us or your regular veterinarian.
- If you are bringing your pet as a drop-off, this means that you do not have a scheduled appointment and would like your pet to be seen for an urgent matter before the next available appointment.
- Wait times can vary if you’re bringing your pet as a drop-off, depending on the volume and type of unexpected cases being brought in that day. You may be told to drop your pet off with us and to expect a call once your pet has been examined and is ready to be picked up.
- We have doctors on staff to see drop-off cases specifically, and they will be able to examine your pet as soon as they are available.
- If your pet is experiencing an emergency, they will be seen by our staff immediately upon arrival.
- Drop-offs are accepted Monday-Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., and Saturday 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
We see emergency cases 24 hours a day, seven days a week. These are seen immediately upon arrival. It is recommended that you call in advance when possible, in addition to checking in with our staff when you arrive.
Your pet will be seen as soon as possible and the doctor will go over their assessment and treatment plan once your pet is stable. As appropriate, they will provide cost estimates once they’ve seen your pet and discussed possible treatment.
If you and your pet are experiencing an emergency and need to visit, please call us ahead of time. We’ll be able to provide the highest quality care when we are aware of your visit and are adequately prepared for it.